Saturday, June 27, 2009

I think she was trying to tell me something...

Our third week with Gary gone has been much of the same. Mia is staying calm more often than not, possibly because she has seen him a couple of times on the webcam. Whenever we pull up the Windows Live Messenger, she scampers over asking if we're going to see Daddy.

Summer is certainly beginning to show! It's staying around the 80's during the day, pretty soon we'll be leaving the windows open at night and using the attic fan. We have officially (for the third time) packed away the winter wear and hope that it stays packed away this time.

Today was spent working on a "flak vest" for a friend who is making a Boba Fett costume. He has been making the armor but doesn't sew. He showed me a website that had a tutorial on how to make the vest, so I actually had to draw the pattern. I used math and everything, I was so proud! This is just the mock-up that I'm working on, the real thing will be made after he tries this on and tells me what to change or tweak. I had to take a break though, both Mia and I were getting cabin fever. We took her trike on a loop around the neighborhood, stopping at the playground for a little while. It was a nice break, we came in for a snack and jumped back in on the vest. I only need to do the sleeves and the lace-up sides before I send it off for approval.


She wanted to go outside so bad!

Please mom?


This was an older one that Gary took about a week or so before he left. I curled my hair, so Mia wanted me to do hers "just like you, Mommy!"

No comments: