Friday, July 3, 2009

Pikes Peak Art Festival at America the Beautiful Park

Mia and I decided to get out of the house and go to the arts festival at a nearby park. We arrived early, so the vendors were still setting up. We walked around to the giant fountain at the end of the field where I let Mia wade in the water. I didn't realize this was allowed, or I would have had her put on a bathing suit. Luckily the Colorado heat dried her out in no time. We found one of her little friends at the pottery wheel and that's all she wrote as far as Mommy's agenda! We hung out with the other family until we left, which was wet and abrupt! We just happened to be camped out underneath the little kids coloring/clay molding tent when it began to rain. I say rain, but really I mean RAIN. There was even a bit of hail mixed in. It quickly became a giant mud pit so the first chance we got we bid adieu to our friends (whom we will be seeing for a birthday next week) and scampered off to the car. We chose to forgo the fireworks display that was being held on post. We were both wet and dirty and by the time we got out of our clothes she was ready for bed.






No comments: