Friday, December 4, 2009

Mia's Visit with Santa

Mia's picture with Santa was a week in the making! I realised that I didn't tell Mia what to expect from Santa at The North Pole theme park, so of course she was afraid of the big strange man with the beard! I talked about him and mom emailed a picture of me with him when I was about the same age. Apparently I was scared witless of him but mom told me that she really wanted this picture, so I agreed that I'd put my hand on his knee for the picture. We talked about how nice Santa is and how much Mimmy and PopPop and Grandma would love to see her in a picture with him. I took her to the PX where they had a nice set up and let her watch other kids sit on his lap. Two days later she had no fear and walked right up to him. Apparently she asked for "an elephant to sleep with, but just a pretend one. Real elephants won't fit in my bed" and "a sparkly blue cinderella dress and sparkly red shoes to match" (honestly. That matches in her world!)


Santa was actually sitting in front of a green screen so they can switch the background according to what the customer wanted. I didn't remember that from our recon visit and put her in a green dress with pretty smocking of a winter sleigh that mom found. When they took the picture, her dress was see through! The photographer said that anything green would initially turn into whatever the background was, but she had a way to fix it thank goodness!

No comments: