Monday, February 25, 2008

More adventures!

Mia is really taking her independence seriously lately. Today, she flipped out because I attempted to dress her in an outfit that she didn't approve of. I kept picking dresses and she consistently replied "NO!" I finally lifted her to the dress rack in her closet where she picked through each, one by one. After a lot of "Hmm" and "Nope" she settled on a purple and blue dress. With bright orange and white tie dye tights...and the pink cowgirl boots. I HAVE to get this girl to learn her colours, that would have made the dress business easier. I don't care about matching, she was pleased with herself and I had a kid who was wearing clothes. Everybody wins!
I had to go out of my normal zone and leave her with a friend because I had a checkup for myself today. For the first time in two years, someone was inquiring about MY health, it was weird. We didn't have time to address all of my concerns, but we have to redo my rheumatology referral in two weeks since I wasn't able to do anything about it (it was during Mia's peak health crises). Doc also thinks I have pancreatitis after describing what I thought was annoying reflux. No wonder ten tums didn't help. We're a barrel of fun!
Speaking of fun, here are pictures from our latest "adventure", plus a couple from inside the warm house!

She was so proud to dress herself. Mixing seasons is so Vogue.
Sleepy birds

She needs some spinning bling for that thing


This wolf wasn't very concerned about us, he was watching the beavers and waiting for his chance to catch lunch. He kept an eye on us, but didn't seem to feel very threatened.

Over the shoulder, nothing but net!
Part of the boardwalk at Eagle River Nature Center

She insisted on pulling the pulk "like Daddy"

Cuddling at our friend's birthday








1 comment:

Sierra said...

What is the deal? You guys are just getting pummeled in the health department. I do hope that all is working out well with the doctors and all the tests, but MAN! my little heart breaks for you guys. Please let me know if there is anything I can do. I would be happy to take Mia or come over and watch her at your place if you need any time for your health. I would also be happy to take you out on a fun adventure just for my own mental health. Let me know when we can get together.