Thursday, November 5, 2009

Firefighter Mia!

That's how she introduced herself to everyone on our neighborhood playground today, "Hi! I'm Firefighter Mia!" Officer Sam came to her preschool today and talked about 911 and stranger danger. This is great because I've been working with her to memorize what to tell a dispatcher if she did have to call 911. She almost has her address memorized, if I start it she can finish it flawlessly. Last night I heard her telling Cat, "If you get a fire on you, you have to STOP DROP AND ROLL to get it off." She also frequently coaches her stuffed animals on how to call 911 on the telephone. She's definitely into the idea of being a firefighter and saving people as her first career choice! It's funny because I remember wanting to be a firefighter or a paramedic when I was little. I was so enamored with the idea of saving the day and never missed an episode of Rescue 911! Tuesday nights, remember Mom? I'd be so disappointed if it turned out to be a re-run or didn't come on! I tried to upload a video of Mia talking about what she learned, but it didn't want to cooperate. Bummer!


Firefighter Mia on the playground, ready for action!



Taken a few days ago, she just smiled so beautifully I couldn't resist!

Where there is a smile, there is also a goofball face!

No comments: