Friday, November 20, 2009

Mia's Latest Masterpiece

We are out of school again today. She is having some kind of allergic reaction in her eyes, presumably from the dust I stirred up when changing out the air filters for the furnace. One is directly across from her room and though I tried to be careful, they were nasty. I was sneezing and coughing with water eyes myself, but she actually has irritation. She had a bit of eye discharge last night but it seems to have subsided. I kept her out of school just to be safe, even though she doesn't appear to have conjunctivitis. She's just red and puffy, but an uncomfortable kid doesn't learn well so we stayed home and watched PBS. After the kids portion ended we played board games and the wii.
It turned out to have a silver lining, this staying home business. We got a call from Gary! This is twice in a week, so we're pretty lucky. Mia likes talking to him and I know the feeling is mutual.

Not much else is happening. I'm working on getting through the math final, first week of December. We're going to Helen's for Thanksgiving, with the extra treat of having Susie and Mark in town. I'm also working on Christmas presents, either buying or making them. I'm not as diligent as I was last year about DIY. I still have time but then again I don't!

No comments: