Monday, March 8, 2010

Our Cruddy Week

There will be no pictures for this post, as we are on a loaner laptop while our CPU is at "The Computer Hospital" thanks to a nasty spyware virus thing. Not exactly sure what it was but it was malicious and aggravating! Some friends from church brought over an extra laptop they had and after Gary helped me via telephone figure out that I had to restart the modem, we have internet again.

Last week started with a trip to Denver on Monday to have a glucose breath test, which was positive, as was the lactose breath test on Wednesday.
I managed to screw up my psychology course by not checking to make sure a major paper was submitted. I now have a zero for that grade and even with all of the possible extra credit I'm resigned to a B now. Saturday morning we awoke to find that Mia's pet fish, Sushi, had kicked the bucket. That was a bit traumatic, since this is her first real experience with death. That made us late for her first ice skating lesson!
She did great at her first session and even had a little friend she knew from ballet in the same class. She can actually start gliding, after one lesson. We get free public sessions with the class fee so we'll go by the rink tomorrow evening to see if she retained anything! She had a blast until the last few minutes when she collided with someone and whacked her hand on a skate.
From there we went to our yoga class, where we were the only pair to show up so we pretty much had a personal session! Her listening ears were not on very well.
After yoga we had to go by David's Bridal to pick up my bridesmaids dress that finally came in, and WOW what a madhouse! We had to practically park in Canada and hike to the storefront. The dress is a bit big, not fitting at all the way the one I tried on did, so I'm taking it to my lady at the drycleaner that does such a good job with my pants. Mia's flower girl dress also needs to be cinched in, since she isn't growing as fast as we thought she would.

What a day, then we came home to the virus on the computer. I immediately called my Daddy and when they got home from their dinner date, he remote accessed my computer through the Linux side and was able to retrieve a paper I needed to turn in for my online psychology course. He really saved the day on that one! This morning we were up bright and early, mostly because my little bird thinks she has to get up with the first sounds of day and come into my room to tell me about them. So we took the CPU in, and it's going to be a pretty penny to get the virus out but it isn't like I really have a choice. However, I'm TOTALLY learning Linux now! I'm so over Microsoft, it isn't even funny. I sense hands-on Linux Learning Sessions with Dad in the near future!

I finally got to talk to Gary this morning, we were both having a rough week from the sounds of it. He helped me get the borrowed laptop hooked up to the internet and I filled him in on the events.

As for the fishy, I googled about what could kill betas and from the sounds of it we had the water temperature too low and he basically froze to death. Isn't that horrible? So before we go for another, I'm talking to the store folks about maybe a little heater pad to put on the tank, but now I'm afraid of boiling one to death. After the treefrog snafu....

No comments: