Tuesday, November 27, 2007

The Good, The Bad: version 1.0


It was just one of those days that is easier to sum up with a list of Goods and Bads. I'll do the Bads first since I'm into the Polyanna approach to life. The Bad: *Not five minutes after getting up, I broke one of our glasses...inside the dishwasher. Gary helped me pick the shards out of the heating element.
*When I went to start the car, I noticed the ipod was low on juice, so I plugged it in and I'm pretty sure that's when it decided life was no longer worth living. No power, no apple thingy, nada. Not even plugged into the wall :(
*At her GI appointment, Doc informed us that there are indeed too many eosinophils hanging out in her gut, more than the last biopsy. Now we will do the elemental diet for three weeks which translates to yanking all (four) of her solid foods and going formula only. That also means another biopsy within the next month and a half.
*No food means no Speech Therapy, just when an appointment opened up on Wednesday. She doesn't necessarily need the speech part, but this particular therapist does "eating therapy" for kids with texture and sensory problems.
*Mia is now anemic. Even though her iron level is good, her test still came back saying she has anemia and from what Doc said it isn't surprising. Apparently people who are chronically sick can become anemic even when they are consuming enough iron... I'm still trying to get my brain around that one. Hello, Library.
End the whining, and now for The Good: * We got all of the glass out of the dishwasher.
*I fixed the ipod. This may not seem like a big deal, but for anyone who knows just how electronically challenged I am, it is indeed a big deal. I'm pleased whenever I get a blog posted successfully.
*The level of eosinophils is not so bad that her gut is trashed or in danger of becoming trashed anytime soon. We could theoretically go on feeding her the way we have been, but we all want a definitive answer of some kind. We do have to prepare ourselves for the possibility that the tapioca could be part of the problem, but with an amazing nutritionist we aren't as frightened as we could be. There are other carbohydrates to try. We took 10 steps forward over the summer, so two steps back still leaves us with 8 in the positive.
*Her nutrition labs, other than the anemia, look awesome. She is getting everything she needs and it seems like her body is using it properly.
* We had fun decorating the tree. Hey, I needed more good than bad and you're just a scrooge to lump a Christmas tree into a category other than good. Mia had more fun with the box. She thought of it as a train. She has a thing for pretending to be a train lately. I'm not entirely sure I know where it came from.
*Oh I have another good! Disc one of Greys Anatomy Season Three is on it's way from netflix. That's good!

CHOO CHOO!


No comments: