Saturday, November 24, 2007

Thanksgiving

Our Thanksgiving was very nice, very wet and very stress-free! We had breakfast with our friends that live a few houses over. Their families came over and it was a full house! We enjoy spending time with them because they are so conscientious about making sure their hands are washed and the kid's table is cleaned up immediately so that Mia is safe. Even though it was a breakfast we weren't on edge or so paranoid that we couldn't enjoy the morning. Mia loves playing with their kids/nieces/nephews so everyone has a good time. I left the neighbor's house early to star in on the sweet potato and green bean casseroles (ended up burning the first, darnit) but not before making that obligatory grocery store run for whatever it is that everyone always forgets. Never fails!
Casseroles made, we go over to a friend's house on post for a dinner gathering with a few people from the unit. The kids had a great time being noisy and playing. Tom makes the best ham and baked beans, and a lot of it! If there were nothing else to eat you wouldn't starve!

I'm a bit embarrassed to say that I did participate in Black Friday... I went to JoAnn's because they were having a killer deal on several things I needed to do the presents this year, not to mention the cheap pre-lit Christmas Tree that was hard to pass up. I had a list, I went in and I got out. Well, I would have if I had not been a supreme idiot and left my cards in the other handbag. Luckily the cashier took pity and held my things while I drove back to Eagle River (slowly, since my license was among the cards.) That prompted the one selfish purchase of the day; I got a wallet.

No comments: