Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Hiking boots and granola!

That can only mean...We're going to Colorado! We heard this morning from one of his CO's so we don't have it in writing but if they know, then it's hopefully a given. Our report date is 10 June so we will probably be leaving on 30 May, drive 10 days or less and have 11-20 June to do our house hunting. We're keeping our fingers crossed that we can get into decent housing on post. I just hope that they have some without carpet, otherwise we will either have to buy a Dyson or rent a carpet free house off post.

We are also overstimulated! We've been packing boxes this week, and now that we know where they are going we're really in gear. We are going to use a "you pack, we move" service rather than drive a U-haul and fly someone up to help. It is our best option and it means we don't have to drive an 8mpg truck. The biggest bummer is that we can't blame movers for dropping our zillion pound dinosaur of a TV and get a new one for it :) Now we have to line up a property manager, make an appt for the ABF company to drop the trailer off and get that stuff on it's way. We have 3 days on either side of the move to pack and unload.

I'm already dizzy!

5 comments:

Cpeterson said...

Is Gary Army? If so then there is this link that might help...
https://onestop.army.mil/

the one for fort carson
https://onestop.army.mil/armyonestop.asp?v=2

ohh yeah..... YES! Way to go getting CO!!

Unknown said...

how sweet is that! happy for you guys-

Stephanie said...

I'm so happy for you guys...not happy to see you go, but happy for the possibilities for Mia. It was the first news I heard this morning and almost cried and believe me, I've never cried over someone's action being approved!

Sierra said...

Yay! You guys are going to LOVE Colorado. I think that is where we will end up... if I have my way. Maybe not the springs, but further south, like near the San Juans. You guys will do great there and I know it will be good for yall to get adequate health care.
We will miss you like crazy, but who knows, maybe our paths will cross again before too long. Hopefully we can hike a few trails or at least play a bit before you go. I'm sure you will need a break sometime. Just let me know... also, I am willing to help in any way I can. Even if it is keeping an eye on Mia for a bit and visiting while you pack. Let me know.

Jas said...

W00T W00T HOLLA HOLLA!