Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Poor little finger!

Mia's finger looked worse today. Usually the swelling goes down over night with an extra dose of Atarax, but it turned red around the perimeter and it seemed to me that it was a travelling red, so I called her nurse and managed to get squeezed in after OT. Her PCM wasn't there but the doc who saw us gave her Keflex, saying he had no idea what it could have been but that it did look like it was infected. We hung out in the Peds lobby after the first dose of Keflex just to be safe. All was well! I remember her handling Keflex better than any of the other antibiotics.

The doctor was also amused that she actually uses a Nettie Pot for sinus flushing. It's weird, she actually reminds me and seems to enjoy it. I wasn't so sure of the idea until I got a whopper of a head cold or allergies when we were visiting Virginia. My mother in law said that it would help and bought a sinus rinse kit. I tried it and she wasn't kidding! So I just showed Mia how I did it emphasizing that it feels weird but that it's so funny that water comes out of your nose. She got a kick out of it and wanted to try, and that was that.

I controlled myself at Joanns today, in case you were wondering. Those beautiful little ceramic birds and metal bird wall thingies were still there, but I kept going! They also have some gorgeous dark wood box trunks that were great, but I bought my patterns that I picked out the night before and we left. Yay for self control!

No comments: