Friday, January 16, 2009

Today makes two weeks that Gary has been gone. We've kept busy during the day but notice the absence at night. Thank goodness for Netflix or I'd go bonkers!

Mia had her first experience with Afternoon Explorers at her nursery school. It's an afternoon program for people who need their child tended to for a few hours. I was worried that she'd get nervous after her classmates left and she had to fall in with a different group of kids but they said she transitioned very smoothly. When I went in to pick her up she gave me a look that said quite clearly, "Go back home, I'm having fun!"

We are going to utilize it again next week when I get to have an endoscopy procedure done. Fun! My first appt with the adult gastroenterologist was yesterday, and he said that my problems don't really sound like classic reflux. The funny thing is that he suggested Eosinophilic Gastroenteritis. Okay, that isn't really funny. It would be weird to be diagnosed with something that my daughter wa un-diagnosed with. Part of me doesn't think the EGD will show EE, but part of me is scared as all get out that it will. So, I'm to eat the foods that bother me, or eat as normally as possible so that if there are indeed rogue eosinophils, they will be present and accounted for. If they don't find anything, I'm throwing in the towel and asking for a good stress counselor.



Mia got a nice little surprise today. Her little friend Sam sent a late Christmas present. She has been walking around with this rabbit puppet since she opened the package! Sara gave me a very pretty necklace, and in a color that I've been attracted to lately!

No comments: